4K pictures are not displayed proper in xibo- player

Hey there,
I tried xibo as public signage solution.

Installed a server, uploaded some media files and created a layout.
I’m using a computer (Intel i3) which is connected to a highresoltion display with 4K (3840x2160px).

When I scheduled the layout and started my connected xibo player the pictures with 4K resolution are not displayed proper. They are kind of blured and look more then HD-resolution and not like 4K.

When I click on preview on the layout-design section my browser is show up and previews the 4K pictures are show correcly.
So I guess there is a “problem” with the xibo player.
Is it possible, that the player can not display 4K-pictures? Or what I’m doing wrong?

I’m using the windows player and the newest xibo version 1.74

If the windows-player can’t display 4K pictures, can the andriod display those?

Anyone tried to use 4K display with xibo?
Anyone have some ideas?

Thanks,
DanielF

(Sorry for my bad english I’m not a native speaker)

A couple of thoughts:
4K should be one of the following:
38402160: This is the standard resolution supported by TVs and monitors (This looks to be what you are using)
2160: Projectors will support this slightly wider aspect ratio format

Is the cable going from the PC to the display, 4K compliant? Have you tested another 4K cable made by a different company?

Also did you select the 4K resolution when making the layout. If so it has a setting of 4096 x 2304, which I think would mean you would want to make a resolution matching your screen and then use that when designing a layout.

Hello and thanks for the reply,
I created my own resolution, exacly the resolution of the display (3840*2160 as I said before) and didnt take a pre-set resolution from the list.
I use a HDMI cable with 4K support, its easy to proof because when I open one of these pictures with image-program or when I click on the design-preview of the layout, the 4K pictures are shown perfectly. Only when I use the player they are blured and not sharp (blured is too much, but they are just not 4K-sharp). But however, it is the same device with the same cable connected to the same tv, so the cable, the tv and the device should be fine with 4K.

Any further ideas?

Change the resolution of the pictures to 96DPI. After that I am not sure, so hopefully if that doesn’t do it, someone else will reply.

Unfortunately it doesn’t fix anything.

Change your Windows DPI setting to 100%.

Hi Daniel,
Does your player support Display port?
if yes,
connect the screen to the player via Display port and make sure the resolution is set as the native resolution of the screen by trying first with 30hz and than increase it if the PC can handle it.

4K does require pretty much from the hardware please also make sure you have minimum of 4GB RAM, if possible SSD Hard-Drive and if possible please use 64-bit Operating system.

Hello everybody.
I encountered a similar problem with player on Windows 10. The image on the 4K TV looked like HD Ready. Small text was completely unreadable.
I found a solution to change in the Properties of the application XiboClient.exe. In Сompatiblity tab choose the option “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”. After that, everything was good.

Hi,

I can’t find this “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings” option, on the 1.8.0 client.

I’m having a poor quality on my Samsung 4K (3840x2160).
The Windows 10 background/icons/text appears perfectly, but xibo client displays pixelized text, clock, …

Can someone help me ?

The setting @Ingenegr refers to isn’t one in the Xibo settings. It’s part of Windows.

You right click on the XiboClient.exe application (normally in c:\Program Files (x86)\Xibo Player) then select Properties.

Then you’ll see the Compatibility Tab. On there, in the Settings Group, tick “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”

THANK YOU !
It works great !

1 Like