404 - Not Found exception type EmbedIO.HttpException

Player Version: 2.3.10

Issue

Hi,
I need your help!

I have the following configuration:

• a VM Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS with Xibo CSM on Docker (intallato following the guide Xibo CMS with Docker on Ubuntu 18.04 | Xibo Open Source Digital Signage)
  • a Windows Server 2016 VM accessed, in RDP, by 8 ThinClient
  • on the CSM I have configured 2 layouts (Layout A and Layout B) and I have assigned to 4 ThinClient the Layout A and to 4 ThinClient the Layout B.

For about a week the 8 displays worked regularly, then I started getting the error “404 - Not Found exception type EmbedIO.HttpException” from the ThinClients with Layout B.

After the appropriate checks I noticed that it seems that the two layouts A and B are no longer able to work together (if I assign to all 8 ThinClients the layout A everything works properly, the same happens if I assign to all 8 ThinClients the layout B).

Any ideas?
Do not hesitate to contact me for further clarifications.

Thank you.
Matteo

Hi Matteo, welcome to the community!

Could you provide the following:

• The version of the player you are using. You can find this out in your CMS by going to the Displays menu in your CMS, then click the Column visibility button and choose version. it is the information in that new column that I will need to know.
  • An exported copy of the layouts A and B.

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW,

The version of the player is windows 2 R257.2-257.
Layouts A and B contain customer data, I should clean them up. If you need them I can do it, but not right now…

This morning I’ve been working on it and I seem to have managed to find a solution.
I changed the port of the embedded Web Server in each of the 8 displays and now everything works correctly…

Available.

Matteo

Hi Matteo,

Thank you for your reply and for confirming that changing the port for your embedded web server has helped to resolve this issue. If the issue returns, please post again on this topic and if possible provide shareable exports of your layouts in a private message.

Many Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.