We developed a module to connect Google Calendar with Xibo. The module is a webbased program and you can change the source and css files. The module also works good on a website or you can connect the data from Google Calendar with other cms modules.
- Load the program as a webpage in Xibo
- Change the CSS files to get your own look
- Display all activities from one day
- After 15 minutes form the startingtime the activity will no longer be displayed
It is a ideal solution for non- or notforprofit organizations and commercial companies with meetings, activities in many rooms.
Send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested
Click here for some images: http://www.getaweb.nl/component/k2/item/186-digitaal-scherm-hunzehuys
To install this, first of all make sure that all the folder in which this file resides is in a webroot of your choosing, and that permissions are set to make it accessible from the web.
You will need to acquire an API key from Google to enable this app. If you already have one, feel free to use it instead at step 7 and carry on from there.
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com/ by webbrowser.
- Create a new application. Once created, click on its name in the list.
- Click on ´APIs & auth´, ´APIs´. Here, select and enable the Calendar API which is listed in the ´Google Apps APIs´ section.
- Now, click on ´APIs & auth´, ´Credentials´.
- Here, click on the blue ´Create new Key´ button, followed by the ´Server Key´ button.
- Now you may enter one or more IP addresses from which the use of the key will be allowed. You may also leave it blank to allow any IP address to use the API key. Follow up by clicking ´Create´.
- Copy and paste the newly created API key into the config.ini.php file, under api, api_key.
- Also in the config.ini.php file, enter the calendar id of the public calendar for which activities are to be displayed. This ID can be found in the calendar’s settings on Google Calendar.
- Set the CSS to your taste.