3.0.4 - HTML layouts Wrong scale/dimensions in Android

CMS Version

Player Type

Android

Player Version

R204 / R209

Issue

I just upgraded to version 3.0.4 and noticed that all modules that use HTML are getting out of scale in android Players.

Windows version is ok.

Steps I took:

• Run the verification of all platform modules.

• Cleaned cache (both CMS and equipment).

When I downgrade to version 3.0.1, the scaling returns to normal… can you reproduce this problem?

some images directly from the devices:

how are you now / how it should be

RSS

Currencies

Hi, we have been unable to replicate? Could you confirm which version Android your device(s) are using?

Thanks

Hi Natasha!
Android - R209 and R204
I tested in 9 diferent devices, and this error is in all of them… any suggestion?

Thank You!!

Thank you!

We are still unable to replicate I am afraid, so at this point we can’t give you any indication as to why this is happening for you.

You could try and replicate with a Cloud CMS (trial account) which would make it easier for us to take a closer look at?

I’ve had the same issue on two different Android players. The Xibo Android client that I’m using is version 3 R302. The Android OS version is 9. I’ve found that downgrading to 3.0.3 seems to resolve the issue.

One suggestion from someone else is to change the display settings on your Android device if that’s an option for you: Font size on Android player R302 - #4 by lukas.schneider

Same problem here with Dataset Ticker. Android scales the Image with cms 3.0.4. cms 3.0.2 is good.
3.0.4 and 3.0.5 not.
(player 210, 200, 302)

CSS (img to 100% or pixel) doesn’t work.

On windows player it looks as before

This is an update regarding the issue reported by users on this topic. The development team have been investigating this further and an issue has been discovered and written up. Here is a link so you can track its progress:

The fix is due for release in 3.0.6. I can see that some users have found that the issue does not occur in earlier releases of Xibo CMS, which you may wish to revert to while the issue is resolved.

Thank you all very much for the information you provided about the issue.

Many Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.