2.3.3 Released

We are pleased to announce our third patch for the 2.3 version of Xibo. The codename for this version is “Wolf”.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.xibo.org.uk/2-3-3-released/
1 Like

hello how do i upgrade to this version without losing data from my system?
use Version 2.1.0
linux Ubuntu

Just replace the new version (xibo folder) with the old one.

Always make a backup of the DB (dump), the xibo CMS folder and the Library before upgrading Xibo.

Pay attention to copy the settings.php and the config.json files to the new folder and your library (if in the xibo folder), before you remove the old one.
After this execute the DB migration script:
php vendor/bin/phinx migrate -c phinx.php
and remove install/index.php

You should be done then.

I’ve done a shell script in my Organisation to automatically backup and update Xibo.

1 Like

I have noticed with Xibo CMS v2.3.3 when trying to save after adding the Open Weather API key the spinner keeps spinning and it will not save the new API key. I have tried weather module in previous versions of Xibo CMS with Dark Sky API just saving existing key and it works as expected. Something about the new Weather module seems to be broken. Thanks

If you have a custom install then you will need to delete all the application files (but not settings-php or your CMS library) before extracting a fresh copy as you cannot overwrite the old code with the new.