1 campaign, 2 layouts, 2 screens and only 1 layout is visible on one screen

Hi!

I made one campaign with two layouts. I attributed this campaign on two clients Android.

In one of both layout, there are severals regions with video, image, text, pdf. In other layout, there is only one video (the same that the other layout) in full screen.

On one of both clients, the two layouts function well. But on the second client, the layout with video in full screen is shown only once, the first time we plan the campaign. After, there is only the other layout which is shown.

However, this device is more performant that the other.

The both clients are with relase 1.8.104 and the CMS with 1.8.5.

Where can the problem come from??

Thank you for your help (and sorry for my modest english).

It could be good to upgrade the CMS to 1.8.7 and confirm that it persists.

Could you show us a screenshot of status window on the android device that has this issue please?
Open Xibo for Android -> click on ‘Status’ from the top action bar.

You can also double check that the schedule is indeed correct for the second player, the Agenda view on Schedule page can be good for that.

It is possible that the second player put the video on a blacklist perhaps for some reason, you could try to, at least temporarily disable ‘blacklist videos’ in the display settings -> display profile assigned to your devices -> Troubleshooting.

Clear the player cache (Edit&Save display record in CMS) restart Xibo for Android and see if it will try to player the second layout as well.

Thank you for your answer.

Here is the snapshot about the player’s status :

On Schedule, there is one planning multi-screen for both client. It’s ok.

I don’t find the black list video.

As soon as I make a change on the layout and that the player take the update, the layout with video in full screen runs. But it runs only one time. After, it’s always the other layout which starts again.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the application Xibo on the player, but there is the same problem.

I’ve seen that in the status, the last four lines for the player that has this issue are replace by “Up to date” on the other player. How can I enable the SuperUser Mode ??

Could you confirm for me if that’s docker or manual/custom installation on a web server please?

I assume layouts id 6 and 3 are the ones in the campaign ie that looks correct?
Layout id 3 is also set as a default layout for this player, which perhaps isn’t ideal but should not cause problems.

Since it is a campaign with 2 layouts scheduled to 31.03.2018, I’d expect the player to cycle through both layouts until that date, instead you’re saying that it plays both layouts, then continue to play only one of them all the time?

What are the durations of your layouts in the campaign?

There are 2 issues there, but that still should not cause the player to ignore one of the layouts after first run, to be specific:
XMR - since it says cms.example.org it implies that XMR is not configured at all, while perhaps this isn’t a critical issue, you should have that corrected, if it’s docker then all you need to do is to enter correct public xmr address in cms settings, if it’s manual/custom installation please see here https://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_xmr.html

and second

for one you seem to have .zip archive assigned in player version, I’m not entirely how that has happened, but it is not correct.

The Version Information is for upgrading player version via CMS, ie you can upload newer .apk version to CMS library and then set that for the display in version information - in your case you’re already using newest player.
I’d also suggest to remove the .zip assignment from the display, it is certainly not needed.

As for SuperUser mode, it means that Xibo requires root access to perform the remote player upgrade, ie your device needs to be rooted - https://community.xibo.org.uk/t/upgrading-xibo-for-android/4328

That’s a docker installation.

Yes, the layouts 6 and 3 are well the campaign’s layouts that I talk. And I had tried to put a default layout for a test, so I handed the layout “Default”.

Yes, the both layouts must play until 31.03.2018. When there is an update in the layouts, the player begins with layout 6, then the 3, it’s right. But instead of going back to the 6, there is only the layout 3 that shown.

The durations are :
- Layout 6 : 0:02:41
- Layout 3 : 0:02:46

I don’t know what I have to put as public xmr address, how can I know it?

And I don’t know how to remove the .zip assignment from the display?
A few days ago, I tried to use CMS to upload a newer .apk, but I did’nt arrive, I don’t understand how do that.

Since it is docker you need to navigate to CMS Settings page -> Displays tab
Enter XMR public address, in your case it should be:
tcp://192.168.0.182:9505

that’s assuming you’re using the default port for XMR.

You will most likely need to Reconfigure XMR after making this change ie
Displays page -> row menu -> Edit display -> Advanced tab -> Reconfigure XMR -> Save.

File assignment
Displays page -> Row menu -> Assign Files
You can remove any assigned files from there

Remote (via CMS) upgrade of the players is explained in the link in my previous message ie you upload new apk set it in Version Information for your display.
As I mentioned you are already running the newest version, therefore upgrade is not available and as stated in the topic I linked to you, it will only work on rooted android devices, your device does not appear to be rooted, therefore this method will not work.

I’d suggest upgrade to 1.8.7 CMS, since it is docker that should be straightforward.
Change the default layout to some very simple layout, preferably without videos
Edit your scheduled event and ensure it is correct & Save it
Look at the Agenda view on Schedule page for your display and ensure it is how it should be

Failing that you may need to enable auditing on the player and restart Xibo for Android.
With auditing on, it should send schedule information back to the CMS, which you will be able to see on Log page, if there are any issues, I’d expect them to appear in logs as well.

So…

I put tcp://192.168.0.182:9505 for XMR public address.
I had to do some research to root my device (Shuttle NS02A), and I arived there.
I succeeded to delete the file .zip.
Now, I understand how to remote upgrade via CMS. Before, I didn’t understand that I had to go to the media to upload the .apk file.
I upgraded to 1.8.7 CMS.
I edited the schedule.

The problem persisted.

I change my layouts and put another video, smaller. Like that, it’s ok. Perhaps there was something strong with my video.

Thank you so much for your advice!!

However, I have a litle another question :

In the player’s dashbord, there was a message that I don’t understand.
Unable to start child audio. E = Invalid index 2, size is 1

It doesn’t seem to be a problem, but I don’t know what it is.