1.8.1 Dataset Bugs

When attempting to add a column to a dataset If you name the column the same name as a previous column and try to save you get:
Unexpected Error, please contact support.

If I change the name and save again it works. But then I see all the other previous attempts to save the new column. So It should not be saving failed attempts. When I try to delete all the extra ones, I then again get:
Unexpected Error, please contact support.

It does delete them, but it will not show that it did until you go back to dataset and select the view columns again.

When you go to “View Data” the pagination buttons are funky and not correct.

Also when trying to add data I get this:

The data is not saved.

UPDATE: This would seem to be the problem.
9833 ee08064 2017-04-22 17:38 WEB POST DEBUG /dataset/data/1 Storage rollback.
9832 ee08064 2017-04-22 17:38 WEB POST ERROR /dataset/data/1 SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘bgImageName’ in ‘field list’ Exception Type: PDOException
9831 ee08064 2017-04-22 17:38 WEB POST DEBUG /dataset/data/1 SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘bgImageName’ in ‘field list’#0 /var/www/cms/lib/Storage/PdoStorageService.php(188): PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 /var/www/cms/lib/Entity/DataSet.php(625): Xibo\Storage\PdoStorageService->insert(‘INSERT INTO `da…’, Array) #2 /var/www/cms/lib/Controller/DataSetData.php(228): Xibo\Entity\DataSet->addRow(Array) #3 [internal function]: Xibo\Controller\DataSetData->add(‘1’) #4 /var/www/cms/vendor/akrabat/rka-slim-controller/RKA/Slim.php(79): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 [internal function]: RKA\Slim->RKA{closure}(‘1’) #6 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Route.php(468): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #7 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php(1357): Slim\Route->dispatch() #8 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/Flash.php(85): Slim\Slim->call() #9 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/MethodOverride.php(92): Slim\Middleware\Flash->call() #10 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Actions.php(141): Slim\Middleware\MethodOverride->call() #11 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Theme.php(35): Xibo\Middleware\Actions->call() #12 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/WebAuthentication.php(132): Xibo\Middleware\Theme->call() #13 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/CsrfGuard.php(62): Xibo\Middleware\WebAuthentication->call() #14 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/State.php(109): Xibo\Middleware\CsrfGuard->call() #15 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Storage.php(47): Xibo\Middleware\State->call() #16 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Xmr.php(36): Xibo\Middleware\Storage->call() #17 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php(1302): Xibo\Middleware\Xmr->call() #18 /var/www/cms/web/index.php(124): Slim\Slim->run() #19 {main}
9830 ee08064 2017-04-22 17:38 WEB POST DEBUG /dataset/data/1 Adding row array ( ‘bgStart’ => 0, ‘bgFinish’ => 1, ‘bgImageName’ => ‘123’, ‘bgImagePath’ => NULL, )

So It would seem that when trying to create the dataset, we caused the errors. We will remove the dataset competely, rebuild and try again.

I using 1.8.1 Docker

Problem was cascading errors caused by the invalid entry being written to the database. Once the dataset was removed and rebuilt, everything worked fine.

This can be closed, if I might get a bug request on this one.

I’ve created a bug report for it - https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo/issues/1151

It’s similar to what we’ve already seen, but done in a bit different way, therefore at least for now there will be both issues open on GitHub.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.