1.8.0alpha3 Unable to schedule a command

On my installation, I’ve created two commands (simple ones : launch notepad and echo world) and defined them for the Display settings we use.
When trying to schedule one command, an error message appears when saving the form:
Unexpected error, please contact support

The log file shows this error:
[2016-05-09 12:48:02] WEB.ERROR: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column ‘ToDT’ cannot be null Exception Type: PDOException [] {“uid”:“e298134”,“method”:“POST”,“route”:"/schedule",“userId”:1}

Thanks for the investigation.

How did you get to where you are now?

New installations have schedule.toDt = nullable and upgrades set it to nullable in step 121.

I’m back on the field.
I was trying to schedule a command on a display (schedule / command), this command being declared in displays / commands and defined in display settings profile
When I’m trying to edit the display, I have also an error message “data missing”
Here is the recent log file : log_schedule.pdf (1.1 KB)
Note : the display is installed with the 1.8.0alpha3 windows player

This is the same error - so the information I requested previously still stands.

Thanks

I did not understood the request then, sorry.
I get there simply by trying to schedule a command on the display through dashboard / schedule / schedule event / event type = command
I don’t know if this is related, but when I’m trying to assign or unassign a layout to this display, in the Displays view multiple lines with the same display appear. DisplaysMultipleLines.pdf (7.6 KB)

Sorry - that’s not what I mean.

There is something wrong with your installation - how did you get 1.8? fresh install, upgrade, etc?

This means that the schedule.toDt field is NOT null-able - but it should be. Both the installation script and the upgrade script set it to be NULL.

Hi Dan,
I’m Bertrand from Digitalarti. The install was an upgrade from 1.7.4, with some issues if you remember. In which table is this column, I assume we need to fix the schema trough an sql alter table ?

Ah Bertrand - hello!

The statement that should have been executed was during the upgrade step 121, which is run when going from alpha1 to alpha2.

The statement is:

ALTER TABLE  `schedule` CHANGE  `ToDT`  `ToDT` BIGINT( 20 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL;

It is quite safe for you to run that statement using the MySQL console now.

I hope there weren’t other statement missed too :frowning:

Strange !! I have updated the schedule table, the ToDT column is nullable (as the alter returned 0 rows affected, I assume it was already, what is a good news concerning the upgrade steps), but I still have the same error message.

[2016-05-20 11:27:58] WEB.ERROR: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column ‘ToDT’ cannot be null Exception Type: PDOException [] {“uid”:“d7da57d”,“method”:“POST”,“route”:"/schedule",“userId”:1}

Would you be able to try this command too?

ALTER TABLE  `schedule_detail` CHANGE  `ToDT`  `ToDT` BIGINT( 20 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL;

I think this is almost certainly the issue actually!!

Hi Dan,
The update works, I’m now able to schedule a command without error.

Unfortunately, the command does not seem to be executed on the player (the test command was simply ‘notepad.exe’, hoping to launch an empty notepad window).
In the log file, there is an error:
[2016-05-26 16:23:45] WEB.ERROR: Player action connection failed. [] {“uid”:“84b5596”,“method”:“POST”,“route”:“/schedule”,“userId”:1}
When the command is scheduled, the start time can be set to a later time, but the end time (as seen in the schedule page, not in the event creation form) is always the current time, so that the timing is negative. Does this may have an impact on the command execution ?

UPDATE 1: the command was finally launched. The command is executed multiple times (6 times at once, then no more).
UPDATE 2: I have recreated a new one to be scheduled a few minutes later, and the same error message does appear in the log file, during the second after creation, and exactly 37 times during this same second, and then no more.
PlayerCommandScheduleFailedlog.pdf (4.7 KB)

The end time should be empty/null on the calendar and hidden on the edit form. There seem to be a few UI issues with that which I will look into.

This is the CMS telling you that it can’t connect to XMR in order to transmit the changes immediately to the Players that need to know. Without this working you would only expect the commands to execute after the player has done a “collection” on its own timer.

Your log is odd, it implies that you have 36 players - but i dont think that is the case?

I just have 2 players for the moment, but one seems duplicated 6 times when I look at the Displays form (see table below). That’s may be why the command is executed 6 times ?
Ans I can’t edit any line, an error message “Data missing” appears.

ID Display Status Licence Current Layout Interleave Default Email Alert Logged In Last Accessed MAC Address
3 DGTLRT-NUC-KIN4 2016-02-24 08:22 00215CB9193C
1 DIGITALARTI-PC4K 2016-05-27 00:12 BCEE7BDFF23A

I think we might need access to your system to see what is going on… is that something you can provide? Over PM obviously.

Cheers,
Dan

Ok, we can provide you a ssh access to our dev server / dev account. We just need your public key, please send it to my digitalarti account ( bertrand@ )

I’ll close this out as we are discussing it via Spring Signage support.

Thanks!